Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

About Me

Blog Archive

Friday 17 February 2012

Belated Valentine Cake

   I was called upon to make an emergency valentine cake last night.I finished mixing the batter at about past 10pm and before 12pm,it was out of the oven.Wisdom demanded that I set my alarm and go to bed  to wake up when the cake has already cooled so that I can begin icing it.So I did just that.

I live in a country where electric power is erratic so although I set the alarm for 3.30am,I was awake by 3.00a.m due to power outage and I set out working in the dark.This is how it turned out (took the pictures with the help of twilight mode on the camera) :



I covered the cake with plain white fondant then used the excesses I trimmed of to make three different colors: red, lilac and baby pink,made balls with them and put them around the cake.






Next, I made roses with the remnant of the colored fondant(s) and left them to dry on styrofoam






Then I arranged them on the cake just before they were delivered.





                                    Heart-shaped.













































































0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©